Preakness Stakes is one of the premier horse racing events in the world. Ugandan betting sites always feature the latest odds Preakness Stakes for fans of the annual horse racing competition. The 2023 Preakness Stakes will be its 148th year running, making it one of the oldest thoroughbred racing events in the planet. The Preakness is scheduled for May 18th. Every year, the question on every horse racing fan’s mind is where is the Preakness race held? Don’t fret, we got you.
As the second leg of the Triple Crown, the Preakness Stakes carries a lot of prestige for the jockeys because it’s the accumulation of wins towards winning the Triple Crown. You can select the Preakness favourites from the 14 horses making their way to the field. Our comprehensive guide looks at the odds as well as predictions from our expert tipsters on which horses are primed to win. Find a list of top horse racing betting sites in Uganda and start winning today!
Best Preakness Racing Sites Online
100% up to €50
Up to $100
100% UP TO €25
+ €10 FREE BET
Preakness Odds & Predictions for 2023
When you bet on Preakness online, you have to ensure that you know all about what happened in the Kentucky Derby. That is, because the winner of the first leg of the Triple Crown tournament has added incentive to perform well. This year things might be a little different due to the fact that the winner of the 2023 Kentucky Derby developed a cough and will not be racing. Please find a list of Preakness horses that will be taking part in the competition below and start preparing. The Preakness morning lines are scheduled to be open on May 15th and you can also watch the Preakness online.
Favourites To Win Preakness Stakes
The Preakness Stakes is the second leg of the American Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing, held annually on the third Saturday of May at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland. Preakness Stakes is a highly anticipated horse racing event, and fans and bettors are already buzzing about the early betting odds.
- Essential Quality, who won the Belmont Stakes in 2021, is one of the early favorites with current odds of around 4-1 due to his impressive form throughout his career.
- Another horse to keep an eye on is Hot Rod Charlie, who finished third in the 2021 Kentucky Derby and has been a consistent performer in recent races. He is currently listed at odds of around 5-1.
- Life Is Good, the winner of the 2021 Sham Stakes, is also a top contender for the 2023 Preakness with odds of around 6-1, as is Mandaloun, who finished second in the 2021 Kentucky Derby with odds of around 8-1.
- However, as with any horse race, surprises can happen, and longshot horses have won the Preakness in the past. Bettors looking for higher payouts may want to consider placing wagers on horses with longer odds, such as King Fury or Crowded Trade, who are both currently listed at odds of around 20-1.
When placing a bet on the Preakness, it is important to consider various factors such as the horse's recent form, jockey, trainer, and track conditions. Different types of bets are available, including win, place, and each-way bets, each offering different payouts and levels of risk.
As the race approaches, the Preakness odds may change due to factors like changes in form, injuries, and track conditions. It is essential to stay up to date on the latest news and odds leading up to the race to make informed decisions.
Where is the Preakness Held?
Fans that are not familiar with the event will be bemused by the fact that the venue for the Preakness Stakes hasn’t changed much over the years. The Pimlico Race Course is the inaugural destination of the three-year-old racing competition. There are numerous sports betting establishments that offer the best horse racing odds in Baltimore, Maryland. However, if you cannot get there, you can always do everything over the internet. The horse racing ticket calculator is able to track the pool prize and you can stand a chance at winning the jackpot from the comfort of your own home.
History of the Preakness Stakes
Those who bet on the Preakness Stakes will want to know that its history goes back to 1873 - two years before the Kentucky Derby. It’s a Grade I flat race lasting 9.5 furlongs on dirt, involving three-year-old colts and fillies. Famous as the second leg of the Triple Crown, it is also nicknamed “The Run for the Black-Eyed Susans” as a winner is awarded with a blanket of Maryland's state flower - rudbeckia hirta (black-eyed Susan).
The Preakness Stakes is the second of three horse races in the United States Triple Crown series and typically takes place on the third Saturday in May each year at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland. Betting on the Preakness Stakes provides keen punters with an excellent opportunity to get confident odds on their favourite horses, as well as access to plenty of enhanced special betting markets. In 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the race was moved to September but still offered competitive betting odds.
The Preakness Stakes remains a major event in horse racing, second only to the Kentucky Derby. In 2017, it set a record for attendance with 140,000 people turning out to witness the race. The popularity of the event is further evidenced by its betting odds, with bettors from all across the world flocking to place wagers on their favorite horses. With so much competition for betting money, and with such great prizes for those lucky enough to pick the winners, betting on the Preakness Stakes is sure to be an exciting experience.
Preakness Horse Race Tips
The headlines coming into the Preakness Stakes generally follow the winner of the Kentucky Derby. Many bettors are thus set their wagers according to what the general public think and not what the experts predict. It seldom works, looking at how Justify won the Triple Crown races. The gambling strategy for the Preakness Stakes racing poses some issues for first-time bettors. For example:
- The makeup of the racecourse is not announced until the Kentucky Derby race is officially over. This conundrum delays future bets so that you may get an idea of which thoroughbreds perform best in certain courses.
- Because the winner at the Kentucky Derby it’s tipped to win the Preakness as well, it features as most horse racing punter’s bet. This makes the payout of the bet unattractive for most horse racing fans.
- Other prop bets that you may find include the winner’s distance ahead of their nearest opponent when it hits the finish line, the winning time of the race and some more exotic bets.
Past Preakness Stakes Winners
|War of Will
|Mike E. Smith
|D. W. Lukas
|I’ll Have Another
|Lookin at Lucky
|Richard Dutrow, Jr.